We have entered the third year of covid/post-covid pandemic. I personally dislike using the term ” Long covid” and prefer use postcovid syndrome. Firstly, the term” Long covid ” has a negative attachment and implies that someone still has covid, which is not correct. When I treat my patients with post-covid symptoms I often use my postviral syndrome protocols. There is a little similarity in the treatment to Glandular Fever caused by the EBV, but treating postcovid syndrome is much more complex. ACE 2-receptors on the surface of the cell can allow Covid19 (SARS- COV2 ) to affect every body organ and cell, and we do not know where until symptoms appear.
Postcovid syndrome can often mimic every disease, making it prone to misdiagnosis by an untrained or not well-equipped medical practitioners. The health analytical tool available in our Clinic enables me identify on the spot what the patient is presenting with and I can start the right treatment protocol immediately.
The new research on long-covid is emerging all the time so far we know that:
1.A person who has had covid (vaccinated or not vaccinated) and has had spike protein exposure (everyone by now) and has a previous underlying health conditions or genetic predispositions is likely to have post-covid symptoms,
2. Factors increasing long covid: symptoms severity during the infection, middle age, female sex, pre-existing chronic conditions, psychological stress and socio/economic factors,
3. Covid increases inflammation, attacks the whole body, particularly the weaker body systems, and causes endocrine hormones dysregulation ( metrorrhagia in menstruating women, postmenopausal women are menstruating again, erectile dysfunction in men),
4,Covid affects the gut permeability, gut flora, gut immunity, affects gut- brain connection (causing brain inflammation) causing brain fog, sometimes shrinking of the brain, decline in the cognitive test score, anxiety, poor sleep, fatigue and more ( over 250 symptoms),
6.Lack of sleep is linked to higher risk of infection,
7. Covid infections cause reactivation of latent viruses ( like EBV or Herpes virus) and reactivation of any autoimmune conditions,
8. Scientists found SARS- COV2 fragments in the gut even months after covid infection, and
9. SARS- COV2 bypasses our natural body defense surveyance.
A feedback from one of my patients (40 years old)
Anecdotally, I think its definitely Covid done something to cognitive function to the population as a whole. Every single person I deal with via hospitality to trades and even myself, the most basic things are forgotten immediately, finding words for things, and basic memory and tasks has gone out the window. Its weird, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t this bad before. We’ve all turned stoopid.
So what can you do?
If you would like to know more about how the DH-Natural Medicine Clinic can help you, please call us now on
(02) 4854 0205
Danuta Hulajko is a Naturopath, international speaker and the founder & practitioner at the DH Natural Medicine Clinic and www.healingremedies.com.au in the Southern Highlands
Danuta specialises in Allergies, Anti-Aging, Auto-Immune Conditions, Cardiovascular Conditions, Female Reproductive, Long Covid, Menopause, Mould Toxicity, Skin Conditions, Stress and Insomnia and Thyroid Dysfunction.
For more information please go to our website. You can also follow Danuta Hulajko’s work, events, seminars, expos, latest health research, her health tips and advice on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.