This Favorki recipe comes from my Mum and has been passed on from generation to generation. It was usually made for a New Year’s Eve. As many people are gluten intolerant or to durum wheat I have made it with kamut flour.
- 1 kg of plan flour
- 1/2kg of butter
- 100 g of fresh yeast
- 250ml of sour cream
- 2 table spoons of sugar
- thick jam
- vanilla essence
- icing sugar
- Mix yeast with sour cream and sugar. Chop butter with flour then mix yeast mixture and form a dough.
- Make a dough ball and place into a clean bucket filled with cold water.
- When the ball will rise to the surface take it out and roll onto a board with a rolling pin into 1/2cm thick pastry.
- Cut into 10cm squares then into triangles. Then place 1/4 teaspoon of jam close to the longest edge of the triangle and roll.
- Bake in hot oven at 180 degrees centigrade until golden. Roll hot into the icing sugar.