Stress is a natural, evolutionary body response. You will instinctively react to stress in life with a fight, flight or
freeze type reaction. It may be an acute stressful event such as an exam or public speaking, or it may be the
ongoing challenge of raising kids, the daily commute, or financial pressures. Your body will still have a response,
even if you do not feel like you’re stressed. You don’t have to be ripping your hair out to be suffering from the effects
Symptoms of Stress
Stress can be an underlying factor behind a myriad of health conditions, and can present itself in many different
ways. Symptoms of acute, current stress include low energy, difficulty sleeping, poor memory and concentration, mood changes, and digestive disturbances. Long-term stress may lead to hormonal and thyroid imbalances, obesity, and a weakened immune system.
Stress can be both a cause and a consequence of ill health, which is why it is so important to deal with your stress now. Not only will you feel better now, but it will benefit your health in the future.
Steps to Take to De-Stress
Our Practitioner can offer a treatment plan tailored specifically for you, to reduce the effects of stress and help
you manage life’s challenges. Some vital nutrients that may be beneficial to you in times of stress include:
• Magnesium: Stress reduces your stores of magnesium, and a low level of magnesium in the body may actually
make the effects of stress worse! You need to replenish your magnesium levels to support a healthy nervous
• B vitamins: Help to support stress moderating brain chemicals called neurotransmitters to keep you in a
good mood. B vitamins also help improve your energy levels.
• Essential fatty acids: Are an important building block for the brain and nervous system, and can help support
• Herbal medicine: There is an abundance of calming herbs that provide effective relief from a wide range of
mood or stress symptoms.
Stress-Busting Diet and Lifestyle Tips
Implement these simple strategies every day to keep on top of
• Limit caffeine, alcohol and other stimulants.
• Avoid refined carbohydrates and sugary foods.
• Enjoy a small amount of dark chocolate.
• Enjoy exercise and physical activity.
• Engage in activities that make you happy.
• Try meditation – deep and conscious breathing calms
your nervous system.
Don’t Let Stress Get You Down
Even if you do not think of yourself as stressed, consider whether or not your body, mind and soul need a little more nurturing and nourishment. You may already feel quite resilient, but with any type of stress, your body may have an increased need for supportive nutrients.
If you would like to know more about how the DH-Natural Medicine Clinic can help you, please call us now on (02) 4854 0205
Danuta Hulajko is a holistic practitioner, international speaker and the founder & practitioner at the DH Natural Medicine Clinic and www.healingremedies.com.au in the Southern Highlands.
Danuta specialises in Allergies, Anti-Aging, Auto-Immune Conditions, Cardiovascular Conditions, Female Reproductive, Menopause, Mould Toxicity, Skin Conditions, Stress and Insomnia and Thyroid Dysfunction.
For more information please go to our website. You can also follow Danuta Hulajko’s work, events, seminars, expos, latest health research, her health tips and advice on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.