It is never too late to embrace some sustainable and healthy habits – simple and effective ways to create positive change in your diet and lifestyle for a healthier you. Make the commitment and reap the rewards of looking and feeling beautiful and energetic in 2018 and beyond!
Make a commitment and stick to it
One common pattern that many people lack is a commitment to themselves. Ageing gracefully starts with a healthy mindset and clarity on what you’d like to achieve for your body and health. Here are some tips to help you commit:
- Set small, achievable health-promoting goals.
- Prepare what you need. For example, have your running shoes or yoga mat ready; leave your prescription and supplements on the bench; allocate yourself time for you.
- Visualise achieving your goals, mentally repeating the process in your mind. You can do this!
- Then…just do it! Remember, new goals take time to become habits; so if you are concerned you might slip, don’t stress – just start again the next day. Practice makes perfect!
The Secret to Healthy Ageing
It is not about your nails, facial, makeup or hair done. Beauty is within: what you eat, drink and your lifestyle. When it comes to healthy ageing, antioxidants are your body’s secret weapon to preventing disease and keeping you healthier. The following may be considered the Rolls Royce of healthy aging nutrients:
- Resveratrol: Found in red grapes, blueberries, and the herb polygonum, this effective antioxidant helps with longevity by protecting your cells from free radical damage.
- Curcumin: The main constituent of turmeric has been used traditionally for skin and wound healing, and may also aid in chronic disease prevention due to its valuable antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Quercetin: This potent bioflavonoid may help support the integrity of blood vessels and help keep your cardiovascular system healthier.
Talk to our Practitioner about healthy aging and the best herbs and phytonutrients to help you increase your antioxidant status.
Long-term goals can be achieved with simple steps. Help yourself to age gracefully by following these five simple dietary tips:
- Enjoy two serves of fresh fruits and at least three cups of colourful vegetables daily – to give you the nutrients that will promote a healthy body.
- Include protein-rich foods with every meal and snack – to aid tissue repair and help stabilise your energy levels.
- Include healthy oils, nuts and seeds in your diet – to support healthy memory and glowing skin.
- Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water daily and avoid excessive alcohol, as hydration is essential for healthy skin as well as optimal brain function.
- Enjoy a ‘freedom meal’ once a week. Allowing for an occasional treat helps create a balanced lifestyle.
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live” – Jim Rohn
The Evolution of Wellness
Here are some helpful tips to help you achieve lasting results when optimising your food choices:
- Plan – Use a shopping list and organise your fresh food choices on what you will use that week. Utilising the fresh produce in your fridge ensures it is nutrient-rich (as longer food storage reduces nutrients), minimises waste, and therefore saves you money!
- Purchase – Shop at your local farmers markets where possible for the freshest options.
- Prepare – Use weekends to cook extra batches of food to eat during the week or freeze. This saves you time and ensures you have healthy options easily available.
These tips help you evolve even better health and wellness habits – a much better choice than following fad diets that may see your health fluctuate.
On-board the Wellness Wagon
Our Practitioner is a great source of information when it comes to Wellness and Health Ageing, and offers a program that can be tailored to your unique needs. Alternatively, you may already be implementing some healthy lifestyle changes but find there is a small hurdle hindering your ability to feel your best. Our Practitioner can help empower you to achieve your best and support you to move from feeling ‘just ok’ to ‘amazing’ with lasting energy and lifelong wellness.
If you would like to know more about how the DH-Natural Medicine Clinic can help you, please call us now on (02) 9541 2428
Danuta Hulajko is a holistic practitioner, international speaker and the founder & practitioner at the DH Natural Medicine Clinic and www.healingremedies.com.au in Sydney.
Danuta specialises in Allergies, Anti-Aging, Auto-Immune Conditions, Cardiovascular Conditions, Female Reproductive, Menopause, Mould Toxicity, Skin Conditions, Stress and Insomnia and Thyroid Dysfunction.
For more information please go to our website. You can also follow Danuta Hulajko’s work, events, seminars, expos, latest health research, her health tips and advice on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.